there was an error initializing ComponentArt.Web.UI for silverlight

Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer and 7 replies

Not Ranked
RHBKV Posted: Fri Feb 5, 2010 @ 1:20 PM
<add name="CartLicense" verb="*" path="CartLicense.axd" type="ComponentArt.Silverlight.Server.LicensingHandler, ComponentArt.Silverlight.Server"
Hi,

I'm using web.ui.2009.3(30 days trial) tree view control for silverlight in my sample silverlight application. As per the instruction in quick start documentation, i added "ComponentArt.Silverlight.Server.dll " in my web host application and enabled license handler to <handlers> under <system.webServers> section in my web.config file as below

<

add name="CartLicense" verb="*" path="CartLicense.axd" type="ComponentArt.Silverlight.Server.LicensingHandler, ComponentArt.Silverlight.Server"

preCondition="integratedMode" />

and added required assembly dlls from  \Program Files\ComponentArt\UI Framework 2009.3 for .NET\assembly\silverlight\client\ folder.
when i run the application, there is an error "there was an error initializing ComponentArt.Web.UI for silverlight. Please configure the web application as outlined in the quickstart section of the documentation".

If i use datagrid control also, I got the same error message.
Please let me know am i missing anything?

Thanks,

and added required assembly dlls from  \Program Files\ComponentArt\UI Framework 2009.3 for .NET\assembly\silverlight\client\ folder.
when i run the application, there is an error "there was an error initializing ComponentArt.Web.UI for silverlight. Please configure the web application as outlined in the quickstart section of the documentation".

Thanks,

Thanks,

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
Answered (Verified) stephen Posted: Tue Feb 9, 2010 @ 12:08 PM
Verified by admin

My guess is that you've added the license handlers in the wrong area of the config- note that IIS6 and 7 require these handlers in different sections (see the documentation for more info). If that doesn't help, I"ll probably need to see your project to determine what went wrong- to do that, please open up a support request using the menu above so we can exchange code.

Stephen Hatcher, Developer Support Manager

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Answered (Verified) stephen Posted: Tue Feb 9, 2010 @ 12:08 PM
Verified by admin

My guess is that you've added the license handlers in the wrong area of the config- note that IIS6 and 7 require these handlers in different sections (see the documentation for more info). If that doesn't help, I"ll probably need to see your project to determine what went wrong- to do that, please open up a support request using the menu above so we can exchange code.

Not Ranked
RacingBird Posted: Thu Nov 3, 2011 @ 11:04 AM
Not Ranked
RacingBird Posted: Thu Nov 3, 2011 @ 11:15 AM
I added a post but it keeps disappearing (this is my 4'th attempt - using Firefox this time).

Stephen, this works with an ASP.NET app but I am having difficulty getting it to work with an ASP.NET MVC3 app. Regardless of which of the options I follow for IIS 6/7 (Web.config), when I run the ASP.NET MVC app I get the dialog "There as an error initializing ComponentArt Web.UI for Silverlight". I have also tried generating a trial license file and added it to the /bin directory but it makes no difference. Please let me know what else I can try.
Not Ranked
RacingBird Posted: Thu Nov 3, 2011 @ 12:23 PM
Not to worry, I found the answer in one of your other posts. Basically what works for the trial version of UI Framework (not just Data Viz) is to generate a trial license key, add it to the Silverlight application, and set its "Build Action" to "Embedded Resource".
Top 10 Contributor
stephen Posted: Mon Nov 7, 2011 @ 11:55 AM

Thanks for updating, RacingBird, and yes, embedded resource licensing is the preferred method now (and in fact the only method for the DV product line). 

Not Ranked
RacingBird Posted: Mon Nov 7, 2011 @ 12:10 PM
Love the product. I've only been "on trial" (without the legal implications) for a few days and have now bought both DataVis and UI Framework for Silverlight. I received my license keys a few hours ago but haven't yet tried it, so just a question: For rolling out to a production server (IIS serving Silverlight app), do I follow the same procedure as on my development machine or are there additional steps.
Top 10 Contributor
stephen Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 @ 8:38 AM

Nope, it's the same- if the lic file is embedded, that's all you have to do, it'll be licensed live as well. 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)