Fixed position Menu

Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers and 4 replies

Top 500 Contributor
dforney Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 @ 8:44 AM
I've added a dashboard type control to the top of our website using a asp.net usercontrol and a Component Art menu. I want this usercontrol to "float" and stay in the upper right corner even when the user scrolls. However, if I put a div or panel around the CA menu or try to fix the position of the menu, the menu will float but the drop down menu that appears when I hover will show up over on the left hand side in random spots. Am I missing something or is there a workaround? Thanks in advance!

All Replies

Top 500 Contributor
dforney Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 @ 3:43 PM
I also tried using the Snap component, but it only works in FireFox...the menu drop down still shows up in the left corner no matter where you place the snap containing the menu...looks like an IE problem...
Top 10 Contributor
Answered (Not Verified) Chris Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 @ 9:21 AM
Suggested by Chris

Hi,

This sounds like you are using IE8.  Is this the case?  What version of Web.UI are you using?

One thing you can do is try putting the page in IE7 emulation mode.

There are two ways to implement this tag:

• On a per-site basis, add a custom HTTP header

X-UA-Compatible: IE=EmulateIE7

• On a per-page basis, add a special HTML tag to each document, right after the <head> tag

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" />

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Christopher Moncayo,
Solutions Architect
ComponentArt Inc.
Top 500 Contributor
dforney Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 @ 11:21 AM
I am using IE7.  I am also using Web.UI version 2007.1 for ASP.NET AJAX. Is this something that was addressed in the 2009 version?
Top 10 Contributor
Chris Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 @ 9:00 AM

Can you post a picture of what this looks like, and possibly some running sample code so I can debug this on my side?

Cheers,

Christopher Moncayo,
Solutions Architect
ComponentArt Inc.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)