TabStrip & MulitPage: Integrating w/existing pages.

This post has 3 replies

Top 500 Contributor
KSloane Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 @ 10:41 AM
I am confused as to how to integrate Tab Strip and Multi Page w/existing scripts/pages. I have most of my pages complete, and now want to link several of them together using TabStrip & MultiPage. While I understand I can change the XML to something like this:

<item Text="Basic Search" NavigateURL="FindCustomer2.aspx"/>
  <item Text="Advanced Search" NavigateURL="FindCustomer.aspx"/>

This doesn't actually solve my problem, as all that happens when you click the tabs is that the new page opens, w/out the tab strip. I've looked through the documentation and must be missing something. Any suggestions?
Top 10 Contributor
breon Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 @ 12:20 PM
A TabStripTab's NavigateUrl property redirects the browser to a new page upon clicking that tab. In order to reference a MultiPage PageView (which I believe is what you're trying to do), remove the NavigateUrl property, and instead assign the TabStrip a MultiPageId property.

Take a look at the MultiPage & TabStrip Live Example. By default, it's installed on your local machine. These example come with full source code.
Top 500 Contributor
KSloane Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 @ 1:05 PM
I looked at the example, and it does not address what I want to do. Are you saying that, when using MultiPage w/TabStrip, all the "pages" have to be included in the same tabstrip page? There is no option to include pre-existing scripts? Yeah, Yeah, I get I can cut and paste, but I'll have to redo a lot of the code so it can function on one page.
Top 10 Contributor
breon Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 @ 1:08 PM
There are two ways to go about this:

1) Include all elements for your various PageViews on one page, or

2) Convert your existing pages to User Controls (if they aren't already) and place them into the PageViews. For more information regarding the use of MultiPage and User Controls, see the Pages as User Controls Live Example.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)