Position/alignment of submenu flyouts, and default expanded submenu

Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers and 1 reply

Not Ranked
verizonwireless Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 @ 11:59 AM
Hi,

I have two questions:

First, I would like to change the location of submenu flyouts to a fixed vertical position.  Right now, subgroup flyout menus load vertically aligned to their parent item.  Instead, I would like the subgroup flyouts to always load at the same vertical position, aligned to the top.

This is perhaps better explained with an image:

Link to full image

I've tried modifying things like y offset, and attempted to use CSS positioning on the subgroups, but nothing has worked.  I've read through the documentation for various parameters, and none seem to be related to this.  I've also gone through all of the live demo samples and couldn't find anything that does this.

Is this possible with ComponentArt Menu controls?

Second, is it possible to make one of the submenus expanded by default?  For example, in my above diagram, would it be possible to make it so that when you put your mouse over "Main Item 2", that "Category 1" is automatically expanded (to reveal "Cat 1 Link 1", "Cat 1 Link 2", etc)?  My goal is to have the menu always expand to be 3 columns wide, with the rightmost column (the links) always showing.

Thanks,
Kevin

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
harish Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 @ 4:56 AM

Hello,

Thank you for submitting your query with ComponentArt forum.

I have created a sample application and attached it for your reference to align the submenu items.

You can also refer the following forum link for the same:

http://www.componentart.com/community/forums/p/38468/38468.aspx#38468

Regarding the second query I would like to tell you that it is not possible to expand the menu on loading of web page.

Thank you.

Harish Malhotra
Developer Support Analyst
ComponentArt, Inc.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)