@ grids with 2 different services using same ComponentArt.SOA.UI.ISoaDataGridService interface

Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers and 9 replies

Top 150 Contributor
joshuadavidlee Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 @ 6:13 AM
If I wanted 2 grids on the same page how would each grid know which of the 2 services to call since the grid proprty soaService points to the interface name and not the name of the service?

In the examples the service path is declared in the scriptmanager but I can't see how the grid knows to use this service?

Answered (Verified) Verified Answers

Top 200 Contributor
Answered (Verified) setclear Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 @ 6:17 AM
Verified by joshuadavidlee
Currently from what I understand SOA only supports pointing a page to a single web services.
If you have 2 grids you would have to feed them from the same web services.

A work around we are using is that we pass the grid id in the service parameter field and then return the appropriate dataset.

I hope CA upgrades this at some point so that each CA control has the option to target its own web service. 
Top 200 Contributor
Answered (Verified) setclear Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 @ 6:29 AM
Verified by stephen
On the client side I set the parameter as follows:

Grid.set_webServiceCustomParameter('XYZ'); 

In the web service I retrieve from this variable: 

request.Tag.ToString()

All Replies

Top 200 Contributor
Answered (Verified) setclear Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 @ 6:17 AM
Verified by joshuadavidlee
Currently from what I understand SOA only supports pointing a page to a single web services.
If you have 2 grids you would have to feed them from the same web services.

A work around we are using is that we pass the grid id in the service parameter field and then return the appropriate dataset.

I hope CA upgrades this at some point so that each CA control has the option to target its own web service. 
Top 150 Contributor
joshuadavidlee Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 @ 6:22 AM
weird, I just got the latest version yesterday, um what property do we use for sending in a paramter with soa? same one as before?
Top 200 Contributor
Answered (Verified) setclear Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 @ 6:29 AM
Verified by stephen
On the client side I set the parameter as follows:

Grid.set_webServiceCustomParameter('XYZ'); 

In the web service I retrieve from this variable: 

request.Tag.ToString()
Top 150 Contributor
joshuadavidlee Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 @ 6:38 AM
thank you for your help
Top 150 Contributor
joshuadavidlee Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 @ 7:55 AM
hey do you know if we can have a treeview loaded with soa on the same page as a grid loaded with soa? or basically can we have one service on the the same page declared in the scriptmanager for each type of componentart control?
Top 200 Contributor
setclear Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 @ 8:03 AM
The Grid defines the SOAService like this: SoaService="ComponentArt.SOA.UI.ISoaDataGridService"

Each CA control has it's own SOA interface. So the Treeview would have its own SOA service.
Top 150 Contributor
joshuadavidlee Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 @ 8:18 AM
ok so in my sacriptmanager in my masterpage i could define one service for each control type then i would be required to have all my service methods have a switch statement based on customparamter which has the control name?
Top 200 Contributor
setclear Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 @ 9:08 AM
That might be a bit overkill and clutter your service. I have a service for each content page.
Top 150 Contributor
joshuadavidlee Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 @ 9:16 AM
actually ok then forget the master page idea, so then I just have one service for each control type per content page right ok
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)