Datagrid: choose which filter use

Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer and 4 replies

Top 50 Contributor
hyera Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 @ 12:31 AM
Hi,
I've seen that in the new release is possible to show, through the ShowColumnFilters="true", the filters on the columns;
I'd like to know if it possible to choose, among the filters, the ones I prefer.

Thank you

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
Answered (Verified) milos Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 @ 9:19 AM
Verified by hyera

hyera, you are right: there is no way to set this Style in the API currently. We have added properties for this for the first 2009.3 service pack. Please contact support, referencing this thread, and we will send you a build with these properties in place.

I hope this helps.

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
milos Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 @ 7:59 AM

Hello hyera,

Filter dropdown customization isn't supported in this version and the control does its best to "do the right thing" for every filter and every data type. We plan to include full templating of the dropdown in a future version.

In the meantime, you could use a custom template to override the default XAML for DataGridColumnFilterHeader.

Top 50 Contributor
hyera Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 @ 8:42 AM
Thank you.
I have modified the default XAML template for DataGridColumnFilterHeader.
The problem is that I don't know I can set this template, I mean, I don't find a property like DataGridColumnFilterHeaderTemplate, or something like this.
Any helps?
Thanks
Top 10 Contributor
Answered (Verified) milos Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 @ 9:19 AM
Verified by hyera

hyera, you are right: there is no way to set this Style in the API currently. We have added properties for this for the first 2009.3 service pack. Please contact support, referencing this thread, and we will send you a build with these properties in place.

I hope this helps.

Not Ranked
joebrown68 Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 @ 7:48 PM
I am evaluting the 2009.3 product and I would really like to know how to see what the default template definition is.   I would like to supply my own template but keep the same icons and text that ComponentArt uses, but just with a smaller list.    Can you tell me how to do this?
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)